Extensim 开发商技术交流论坛
" Y0 a# `* G; l& z/ L) p, w- @& N1 Z5 _5 l& t
JEFFZZ111 老兄帮我问的关于ModL语言的一些知识,供大家参考。$ ]; O/ R* O: F& Y& l
3 g# K* K' V& u9 j+ G8 q  a

) {7 C4 i# K- |about ModL language itself 4 w  o; f" D" z2 t
Posted: Feb 4, 2009  12:25 PM 24 views
, I9 H( G9 D* y! Q6 E7 G
5 {9 R, e+ r4 n  w/ B) fHi ;
5 w6 U9 w3 {/ K& _( B  vOne friend of mine mentioned about the topics of Object-oriented language./ C$ n6 ?' J9 L7 n' n3 G4 s
Is ModL  object-oritented?  What is the strength of ModL , compared with other popular language , VC++, java , .NET...., s, |8 w; C, [  C
8 v1 a4 f/ D8 v' E  V, S
Is ModL  only be uesd together with Extendsim development environment ??  Can we use ModL as a standalone language like VC++,etc. to develop software?7 A9 l5 ~" @3 p5 I$ v7 B+ ]
3 Z$ r* g/ Q; @& [
What about the executiuon speed of the language , compared with other language..?
/ m& C# `* C3 r
" s3 @" U- \7 a  P5 i) y- }I found a comment on the website , it says: " MODL isn't exactly object oriented and it isn't
; s, `! f+ ?) P  Zexactly procedural either and there is no encapsulation mechanism." , ...by Kramer.Newsreader@Gmail.Com 1 I. Y) a! }8 }
and another comment "But in general, proprietary languages (especially those tied to another
4 j, f  A' q" Q: g. tprogram) are usually not desirable because you can't find tools, such
% T/ o% q0 w; K, a( D8 Q3 I8 Y# Jas unit testers, for them." . ....
+ x# F+ D4 T1 J/ M2 c' wI am puzzeld...
! h- x) g% c5 q! ?5 K  {7 R& q8 g0 |5 i, @6 m
RE: about ModL language itself ( l$ R+ \3 [. h4 `% G: s
Posted: Feb 5, 2009  12:28 AM 15 views
& C$ _4 o4 `* C' N5 k+ j1 L3 ]. w, X
$ l8 s7 b0 q: f2 UIn reply to: about ModL language itself — Hi ...
4 m& W% p$ D/ S# y" R3 F* xposted by jeffzz111 on Feb 4, 2009  12:25 PM
4 d) y7 i* u; [7 c# @+ V9 q- oModL uses a C syntax. It is close enough to C that, just yesterday, I copied in some C code to an equation block, made some changes so that it accessed the database, and it worked on the first try. Anyone familiar with C can work with ModL easily. The differences between ModL and C are designed to make programming easier, safer, and faster for simulation related problems. For example, we have built-in functions that support linked lists, probably the most-used data structure in discrete event simulation. ModL only works within the ExtendSim framework. We have looked into using other languages such as Java, but were unable to create the same level of interactivity and integration. With ModL the blocks only need to be recomplied when you change their structure. In Java based tools, the java code for the entire simulation has to be regeneated and the program recomplied/translated each time you change the model. I am sure you can see the advantage in our approach. While ModL has some object oriented features (such as overloading in some cases), it is not strictly object oriented. ExtendSim itself is developed in C++ and is created with object oriented techniques.
' C" j2 _, o1 X* o5 S$ TI hope this helps
1 H6 D" }5 X  X  C4 x3 sdavek

评分

参与人数 1仿真币 +15 +1 收起 理由
苘苘 + 15 + 1

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2009-2-7 14:52:20 | 显示全部楼层
ExtendSim itself is developed in C++ and is created with object oriented techniques.
$ X- U1 Q' h. c- R/ \1 r3 S; k用面向对象的技术开发的
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|SimulWay 道于仿真   

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 19:37 , Processed in 0.015883 second(s), 15 queries .